Azealia Banks Drops Gay Slur in Perez Hilton Twitter Feud
BY Neal Broverman
January 05 2013 1:49 PM ET
After Perez Hilton got involved in a Twitter war between rappers Azealia Banks and Angel Haze, the former artist hurled a gay slur before backtracking.
Banks and Haze were sparring after the former rapper took those to task who claim to be New Yorkers, but weren't born in the city. Hilton eventually called Banks's tweets "hurtful" and "pathetic." Banks, who's described herself as bi before, went on a rampage against Hilton, eventually calling the blogger a "messy fa**ot."
Banks, who shot to stardom with the single "212," later tweeted that that word doesn't describe gay males, only those who act like women. She again clarified, using a very nasty word to describe Hilton. See the exchange here.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'