Azealia Banks Drops Gay Slur in Perez Hilton Twitter Feud
BY Neal Broverman
January 05 2013 1:49 PM ET
After Perez Hilton got involved in a Twitter war between rappers Azealia Banks and Angel Haze, the former artist hurled a gay slur before backtracking.
Banks and Haze were sparring after the former rapper took those to task who claim to be New Yorkers, but weren't born in the city. Hilton eventually called Banks's tweets "hurtful" and "pathetic." Banks, who's described herself as bi before, went on a rampage against Hilton, eventually calling the blogger a "messy fa**ot."
Banks, who shot to stardom with the single "212," later tweeted that that word doesn't describe gay males, only those who act like women. She again clarified, using a very nasty word to describe Hilton. See the exchange here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM