Azealia Banks Drops Gay Slur in Perez Hilton Twitter Feud
BY Neal Broverman
January 05 2013 1:49 PM ET
After Perez Hilton got involved in a Twitter war between rappers Azealia Banks and Angel Haze, the former artist hurled a gay slur before backtracking.
Banks and Haze were sparring after the former rapper took those to task who claim to be New Yorkers, but weren't born in the city. Hilton eventually called Banks's tweets "hurtful" and "pathetic." Banks, who's described herself as bi before, went on a rampage against Hilton, eventually calling the blogger a "messy fa**ot."
Banks, who shot to stardom with the single "212," later tweeted that that word doesn't describe gay males, only those who act like women. She again clarified, using a very nasty word to describe Hilton. See the exchange here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving