Azealia Banks Drops Gay Slur in Perez Hilton Twitter Feud
BY Neal Broverman
January 05 2013 1:49 PM ET
After Perez Hilton got involved in a Twitter war between rappers Azealia Banks and Angel Haze, the former artist hurled a gay slur before backtracking.
Banks and Haze were sparring after the former rapper took those to task who claim to be New Yorkers, but weren't born in the city. Hilton eventually called Banks's tweets "hurtful" and "pathetic." Banks, who's described herself as bi before, went on a rampage against Hilton, eventually calling the blogger a "messy fa**ot."
Banks, who shot to stardom with the single "212," later tweeted that that word doesn't describe gay males, only those who act like women. She again clarified, using a very nasty word to describe Hilton. See the exchange here.
- Theater PHOTOS: Terrence McNally's Mothers and Sons 4 min 19 sec ago
- Religion Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People 19 min 6 sec ago
- Travel Drag Race: NASCAR's Biggest Gay Fan on the Vegas Cup Race 21 min 16 sec ago
- Television Looking Back: Where Things Stand Heading Into Season 2 28 min 20 sec ago
- Art WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old 41 min 47 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 10:28 AM
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 10:23 AM