Hot Sheet: Smacking James Franco Around Some
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2013 5:42 PM ET
9. ART: Art Deco Festival
Immerse yourself in 1920s and ’30s glamour this weekend with the ninth annual Art Deco Festival, presented by the luxury liner Queen Mary, in association with the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles. The ship, now operating as a hotel and moored off Long Beach, Calif. (just outside L.A.), itself a great example of deco design, will host lectures on many aspects of deco, including its influence on Broadway, Hollywood, and even comic books. There also will be walking tours highlighting the ship’s beautiful deco interiors, plus double-decker bus tours showcasing the deco architecture on land in Long Beach. Add to that onboard cocktail parties, a vintage movie screening under the stars, and a gala ball that will make you feel like you’re at Gatsby’s mansion. Events run today through Monday, and more info is at QueenMary.com.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.