Hot Sheet: Smacking James Franco Around Some
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2013 4:42 PM ET
6. THEATER: Chicago Fringe Festival
This Windy City fest offers nearly 50 shows by boundary-pushing performing artists. Titles of particular LGBT interest include Daniel Wolfsbauer Productions’ Surviving Love, which chronicles a gay youth’s journey from Vienna, Ill., to Vienna, Austria, and features music by Michael John LaChiusa, Brian Lasser, and others; and Rebecca Kling’s Get Ready for the Vagina Fairy, about a transgender woman who deals with oddball conversations, penis-scanning lasers, and, yes, the Vagina Fairy. The festival opened last night and continues through September 8; to see the full schedule and order tickets, click here.
Above: Get Ready for the Vagina Fairy
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas