Hot Sheet: Get Your Stream On
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 01 2013 1:49 PM ET
9. ART: “David Hockney: A Bigger Exhibition”
San Francisco’s de Young Museum mounts the first major retrospective of the great gay artist’s 21st century work, which incorporates new technologies as well as traditional media. For the show, Hockney has selected monumental paintings, Photoshop portraits, digital films that track the changing seasons, vivid landscapes created using an iPad, as well as never-before-exhibited charcoal drawings and paintings completed this year. His subjects include his native England, California, Iceland, and Norway. The show opened last week and runs through January 20, and various docent lectures and other special events are scheduled throughout this period, including a cocktail party and after-hours viewing November 13. —Trudy Ring
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism