Hot Sheet: Get Your Stream On
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 01 2013 1:49 PM ET
9. ART: “David Hockney: A Bigger Exhibition”
San Francisco’s de Young Museum mounts the first major retrospective of the great gay artist’s 21st century work, which incorporates new technologies as well as traditional media. For the show, Hockney has selected monumental paintings, Photoshop portraits, digital films that track the changing seasons, vivid landscapes created using an iPad, as well as never-before-exhibited charcoal drawings and paintings completed this year. His subjects include his native England, California, Iceland, and Norway. The show opened last week and runs through January 20, and various docent lectures and other special events are scheduled throughout this period, including a cocktail party and after-hours viewing November 13. —Trudy Ring
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?