ARCHIVE: Sting on Kissing Guys
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
November 12 2013 5:25 AM ET
Rock legend Sting took his act from amphitheaters and stadiums and for an intimate acoustic set at Magicopolis in Santa Monica, Calif., to promote his new album, The Last Ship, Monday night.
Sting performed with artists from his record label Cherry Tree Records, Matthew Koma, Ivy Levan, the Hunts, and Michael Kiwanuka.
In honor of Sting’s new album, here's a look back at his cover interview with The Advocate in 1996. The then-45-year-old star had been crossing over into acting and recently played a bisexual character in the film The Grotesque.
On the following pages are a few of our favorite quotes from that interview, accompanied by photos of his set on Monday.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Six Stabbed at Jerusalem Pride March