ARCHIVE: Sting on Kissing Guys
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
November 12 2013 5:25 AM ET
Rock legend Sting took his act from amphitheaters and stadiums and for an intimate acoustic set at Magicopolis in Santa Monica, Calif., to promote his new album, The Last Ship, Monday night.
Sting performed with artists from his record label Cherry Tree Records, Matthew Koma, Ivy Levan, the Hunts, and Michael Kiwanuka.
In honor of Sting’s new album, here's a look back at his cover interview with The Advocate in 1996. The then-45-year-old star had been crossing over into acting and recently played a bisexual character in the film The Grotesque.
On the following pages are a few of our favorite quotes from that interview, accompanied by photos of his set on Monday.
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Ready and Looking: The Dilemma of a 20-Something
- HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 17 min 21 sec ago
- Politics Big Repub Donors Fund Push for ENDA 59 min 5 sec ago
- Love and Sex Ready and Looking: The Dilemma of a 20-Something 1 hour 45 sec ago
- Media WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview 1 hour 20 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Game Developers Conference Tackles LGBT Representation in Video Games 1 hour 24 min ago
- Politics Meet the 21-Year-Old Gay Republican Running for Idaho Legislature 1 hour 51 min ago
- Women WATCH: Who Wants to See More of The Fosters' Teri Polo in Her Cop Uniform? 1 hour 53 min ago