ARCHIVE: Sting on Kissing Guys
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
November 12 2013 5:25 AM ET
Rock legend Sting took his act from amphitheaters and stadiums and for an intimate acoustic set at Magicopolis in Santa Monica, Calif., to promote his new album, The Last Ship, Monday night.
Sting performed with artists from his record label Cherry Tree Records, Matthew Koma, Ivy Levan, the Hunts, and Michael Kiwanuka.
In honor of Sting’s new album, here's a look back at his cover interview with The Advocate in 1996. The then-45-year-old star had been crossing over into acting and recently played a bisexual character in the film The Grotesque.
On the following pages are a few of our favorite quotes from that interview, accompanied by photos of his set on Monday.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Infection Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- Don't Look a Gift Unicorn In the Mouth