Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
Say Yes to the Dress
Due to views that the networks were highly conservative in their programming, GLAAD performed a full study on LGBT content for History and TLC and came to two different conclusions.
History - "Failing"
379 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
12 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (3% or 12 gay, zero lesbian, zero bisexual, and zero transgender)
Inclusive shows: Full Metal Jousting, Top Gear
TLC - "Adequate"
545.5 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
110 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (20% or 106 gay, four bisexual, three lesbian, zero transgender)
Inclusive shows: Say Yes to the Dress, Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids Edition, Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss, Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, Brides of Beverly Hills, What Not To Wear, Undercover Princes, Extreme Couponing, Toddlers & Tiaras, My Crazy Obsession, My Collection Obsession, My Strange Addiction, N.Y. Ink, The Next Great Baker, Cake Boss, Livin' for the Apocalypse
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 14 min 52 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 29 min 15 sec ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 49 min 45 sec ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM