Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
Say Yes to the Dress
Due to views that the networks were highly conservative in their programming, GLAAD performed a full study on LGBT content for History and TLC and came to two different conclusions.
History - "Failing"
379 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
12 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (3% or 12 gay, zero lesbian, zero bisexual, and zero transgender)
Inclusive shows: Full Metal Jousting, Top Gear
TLC - "Adequate"
545.5 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
110 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (20% or 106 gay, four bisexual, three lesbian, zero transgender)
Inclusive shows: Say Yes to the Dress, Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids Edition, Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss, Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, Brides of Beverly Hills, What Not To Wear, Undercover Princes, Extreme Couponing, Toddlers & Tiaras, My Crazy Obsession, My Collection Obsession, My Strange Addiction, N.Y. Ink, The Next Great Baker, Cake Boss, Livin' for the Apocalypse
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?