Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
Say Yes to the Dress
Due to views that the networks were highly conservative in their programming, GLAAD performed a full study on LGBT content for History and TLC and came to two different conclusions.
History - "Failing"
379 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
12 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (3% or 12 gay, zero lesbian, zero bisexual, and zero transgender)
Inclusive shows: Full Metal Jousting, Top Gear
TLC - "Adequate"
545.5 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
110 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (20% or 106 gay, four bisexual, three lesbian, zero transgender)
Inclusive shows: Say Yes to the Dress, Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids Edition, Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss, Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, Brides of Beverly Hills, What Not To Wear, Undercover Princes, Extreme Couponing, Toddlers & Tiaras, My Crazy Obsession, My Collection Obsession, My Strange Addiction, N.Y. Ink, The Next Great Baker, Cake Boss, Livin' for the Apocalypse
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview