Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 3:00 AM ET
I wasn’t that close with Sahara. I met her at the Entertainer of the Year pageant here in California. He was coming through just to say hello to everybody — that was the first time I met him. And I remember how he represented RuPaul’s Drag Race so professionally. And he was so kind and on the money and talkative and was a representative of what this show needs to represent. He went out there among the people to show them we are amazing. We are worthy. We are stars. I appreciate that, and I hope it’s something that I can carry on as a Drag Racer. It’s all about representing and doing it properly. You can go out into this world and be a drag queen and a hot mess and drink and fall down, but then you can also choose to be a role model. And that’s what I want to be. I want to help people. I don’t want to take this art down, I want to elevate it. That’s what I aim to do. And that’s what Sahara did.
— Chad Michaels
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View