Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for September 2010
BY Brandon Voss
September 09 2010 1:30 PM ET
Tom Jacobson’s The Twentieth-Century Way, which won a FringeNYC Award for Overall Excellence in Production, is based on a real 1914 incident in which California police hired actors to entrap homosexuals performing oral sex in public restrooms. Robert Mammana and Will Bradley wow as auditioning thesps who improv toward a naked climax: “The line between the actor and the role blurs and turns hazardous — have we become our parts?”
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary