BY Advocate Contributors
September 22 2010 2:00 PM ET
In this show I am the dance captain and swing. The dance captain is a member of the company who maintains the artistic standards of all choreography and/or musical staging in a production. Once the choreographer leaves, it's my job to make sure the dance in the show remains the best it can be. Now, I'm pretty sure that I won't be telling Sheri Rene Scott that her "box step" needs work or Brian Stokes Mitchell that his "jazz hands" aren't up to par (please note, however, as of now there are no box steps or jazz hands in this production).
A swing is an ensemble performer who learns and covers more than one track (or role) in the production. Basically an understudy who knows multiple roles and can go on at a moment's notice if another performer can't go on. Now, I'm sure I'll be more than happy being in the wings during the two shows we have scheduled for Christmas Day (Bah! Humbug!) but in rehearsals, when I see the amazing choreography Chris Gattelli has creating, I'm champing at the bit to get up and dance. Don't you worry, though, this ain't my first time at the rodeo. I'll be WOTV's very own Eve Harrington. Ever see the movie Showgirls? I have a big bag of marbles with a couple of these bitches' names on it. Kidding. Yes, that’s right ... kidding.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM