BY Jeffrey Hartinger
August 10 2011 4:52 PM ET
You recently filmed a few pilots for E! Entertainment Television. How was that experience?
I shot two pilots with E! last year, but they didn’t air. Both were in the style of Weekend Update. They were lots of fun to shoot, but not so much fun when they weren’t picked up. Ah, gin and tonics.
You performed in an improv group in college. Was this your first exposure to comedy?
It was definitely my first step into the world of comedy — specifically, performing. My first exposure to comedy was my parents. They’re very funny and we laughed all the time growing up. My dad and I would watch Abbott and Costello every Sunday morning. Those are some precious memories.
What are you currently working on?
I’m working on 10 small projects that could lead to a big project. Or they could remain really fun small projects. Either way, I love projects. I just worked with Drew Barrymore’s film company, Flower Films. We shot a video called Asshole Ghost, which will be out soon. I’m working with Funny or Die, writing a sitcom — because nobody else is — touring with my stand-up, brushing my hair, and writing long, handwritten letters to Margaret Atwood, Hermione Granger, and Abby Wambach.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity
- Television Looking GIF-cap: Season 1 Finale 9 min 53 sec ago
- Books Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel 12 min 58 sec ago
- Business P.R. Agency Adds LGBT Practice 39 min 32 sec ago
- Travel A Tour Through the San Francisco of Looking, Season One 42 min 7 sec ago
- Women Houston Lesbian Couple Found Murdered, Cops Searching for Suspect 45 min 20 sec ago
- Women WATCH: 10 Worst Ways to Pick Up a Lesbian 47 min 43 sec ago
- Parenting Ubbas: The Golden Shower Toy 1 hour 43 min ago