BY Jeffrey Hartinger
August 10 2011 3:52 PM ET
You recently filmed a few pilots for E! Entertainment Television. How was that experience?
I shot two pilots with E! last year, but they didn’t air. Both were in the style of Weekend Update. They were lots of fun to shoot, but not so much fun when they weren’t picked up. Ah, gin and tonics.
You performed in an improv group in college. Was this your first exposure to comedy?
It was definitely my first step into the world of comedy — specifically, performing. My first exposure to comedy was my parents. They’re very funny and we laughed all the time growing up. My dad and I would watch Abbott and Costello every Sunday morning. Those are some precious memories.
What are you currently working on?
I’m working on 10 small projects that could lead to a big project. Or they could remain really fun small projects. Either way, I love projects. I just worked with Drew Barrymore’s film company, Flower Films. We shot a video called Asshole Ghost, which will be out soon. I’m working with Funny or Die, writing a sitcom — because nobody else is — touring with my stand-up, brushing my hair, and writing long, handwritten letters to Margaret Atwood, Hermione Granger, and Abby Wambach.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 2 hours 6 min ago
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM