Stephen Colbert: Rep. Steve King Has a Natural Desire to Discriminate
BY Lucas Grindley
April 10 2012 12:30 PM ET
Comedian Stephen Colbert ripped Rep. Steve King for suggesting it's the responsibility of gay people to stay in the closet at work.
As always, the joke is that Colbert makes thinly veiled swipes via his persona as a right-wing commentator. So when King says employers could avoid lawsuits by ensuring their employees say in the closet, Colbert actually backs him up.
"Hear that, the gays? It's up to you to keep us from discriminating," warns Colbert, "because once we know you're gay, I have a natural desire to fire you. And unlike gay, discriminating is not a choice."
Watch the entire segment below.
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 1 hour 5 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 2 hours 4 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 2 hours 5 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 2 hours 35 min ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM