Stephen Colbert: Rep. Steve King Has a Natural Desire to Discriminate
BY Lucas Grindley
April 10 2012 1:30 PM ET
Comedian Stephen Colbert ripped Rep. Steve King for suggesting it's the responsibility of gay people to stay in the closet at work.
As always, the joke is that Colbert makes thinly veiled swipes via his persona as a right-wing commentator. So when King says employers could avoid lawsuits by ensuring their employees say in the closet, Colbert actually backs him up.
"Hear that, the gays? It's up to you to keep us from discriminating," warns Colbert, "because once we know you're gay, I have a natural desire to fire you. And unlike gay, discriminating is not a choice."
Watch the entire segment below.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Bus Driver Says Rainbow Decal Violates His Religious Freedom
- 39 Sci-Fi Divas Gays Adore
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet