Stephen Colbert: Rep. Steve King Has a Natural Desire to Discriminate
BY Lucas Grindley
April 10 2012 1:30 PM ET
Comedian Stephen Colbert ripped Rep. Steve King for suggesting it's the responsibility of gay people to stay in the closet at work.
As always, the joke is that Colbert makes thinly veiled swipes via his persona as a right-wing commentator. So when King says employers could avoid lawsuits by ensuring their employees say in the closet, Colbert actually backs him up.
"Hear that, the gays? It's up to you to keep us from discriminating," warns Colbert, "because once we know you're gay, I have a natural desire to fire you. And unlike gay, discriminating is not a choice."
Watch the entire segment below.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'