WATCH: It's Easy Pickings for Jon Stewart After Virginia Attorney General Tries to Ban Sodomy
BY Lucas Grindley
April 10 2013 1:15 PM ET
Virginia's antigay attorney general teed up The Daily Show for an inevitable takedown when he tried to use the court system to outlaw sodomy.
Ken Cuccinelli, who could be Virginia's Republican candidate for governor, had challenged a court's decision that struck down a state law against sodomy and oral sex, but his appeal was denied on Tuesday, according to BuzzFeed.
Jon Stewart summed up Cuccinelli's reason for wanting to outlaw sodomy (in some cases) this way, "Because 'Virginia Is For Lovers' — of the missionary position," Stewart joked, making fun of the state's slogan used to attract tourists.
Watch the video below.
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’