WATCH: It's Easy Pickings for Jon Stewart After Virginia Attorney General Tries to Ban Sodomy
BY Lucas Grindley
April 10 2013 1:15 PM ET
Virginia's antigay attorney general teed up The Daily Show for an inevitable takedown when he tried to use the court system to outlaw sodomy.
Ken Cuccinelli, who could be Virginia's Republican candidate for governor, had challenged a court's decision that struck down a state law against sodomy and oral sex, but his appeal was denied on Tuesday, according to BuzzFeed.
Jon Stewart summed up Cuccinelli's reason for wanting to outlaw sodomy (in some cases) this way, "Because 'Virginia Is For Lovers' — of the missionary position," Stewart joked, making fun of the state's slogan used to attract tourists.
Watch the video below.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion