WATCH: It's Easy Pickings for Jon Stewart After Virginia Attorney General Tries to Ban Sodomy
BY Lucas Grindley
April 10 2013 1:15 PM ET
Virginia's antigay attorney general teed up The Daily Show for an inevitable takedown when he tried to use the court system to outlaw sodomy.
Ken Cuccinelli, who could be Virginia's Republican candidate for governor, had challenged a court's decision that struck down a state law against sodomy and oral sex, but his appeal was denied on Tuesday, according to BuzzFeed.
Jon Stewart summed up Cuccinelli's reason for wanting to outlaw sodomy (in some cases) this way, "Because 'Virginia Is For Lovers' — of the missionary position," Stewart joked, making fun of the state's slogan used to attract tourists.
Watch the video below.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'