Op-ed: The 6 Gay Men Who Are Changing the World
BY Tyler Curry
May 09 2014 8:00 AM ET
As we all look forward for what is to come, it takes The Historian to keep our feet planted in the reality of where we started. So many young millennial gay men are unaware how much the social landscape has changed in their favor. Therefore, this perpetual student of the past helps keep the value of traditions and the legacy of those who have come before us so that we may never forget where we came from. For the millennial set, it can be hard to remember just how much of a fight it was to hold hands in public, kiss on screen, or even say “I do.” But The Historian will never let us forget, and he keeps us progressing on the path to equality. Just make sure to pay attention, because there will be a test.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender