Hot Sheet: Getting Iggy With It
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2014 5:09 PM ET
7. FILM: Proxy
It’s bring on the creepy this week, with writer-director Zack Parker’s Proxy released in theaters and on demand today. Esther (played by Alexia Rasmussen, best known for her role in Listen to Your Heart) is nine months pregnant when she's viciously attacked by a hooded assailant after leaving her ultrasound appointment. The seemingly solitary woman finds a friend in Melanie, another woman in her lost child support group. But as the friendship develops into disorienting territory — what’s real, what’s not is always in question — we meet Esther’s ex-girlfriend (played full tilt and semi-camp by Kristina Klebe, who is super hot), Melanie’s husband (a nice performance from mumblecore auteur Joe Swanberg), and a fun, twisty, campy film that skewers notions of motherhood, sexuality, identity, and mental health. — Diane Anderson-Minshall
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'