BY Advocate.com Editors
August 24 2009 4:30 PM ET
Porn. Masturbation. A naked woman jumping on a trampoline. Visitors to Manhattan’s High Line Park, located in the Meatpacking District, say they’ve seen all that and more in the windows of the recently opened Standard Hotel.
The New York Post is reporting that exhibitionists have found a new home away from home at the hotel, which boasts floor-to-ceiling windows perched high above the new urban park.
"I've seen a few porn shoots -- three dudes walking around a hotel room with cameras and lights filming a couple," said Joe, a manager at the next-door Brass Monkey. "I've seen at least 10 different people having sex. Saturday nights are the best time for the show."
Interestingly, the hotel’s Facebook page and website encourage the explicit behavior. "We encourage you to exercise your inner exhibitionist. Please share your intimate and explicit photos with us -- those floor-to-ceiling windows aren't just for the views," the Facebook page implores.
"Whatever you do, just make sure the shots are HOT and that you get them to us in whichever way you can. It's all about sex all the time, and you're our star," the website encouraged, but that wording was taken down, according to the Post, after the Standard was contacted for comment.
Passersby told the Post they have seen a naked woman jumping on a trampoline, men masturbating by the windows, and naked backsides pressed up against the glass.
Out City Council speaker Christine Quinn told the Post she’s hoping to bring the show to a close. "The alleged actions of the Standard are unacceptable," she said in a statement.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 1 min 26 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 24 min 29 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 30 min 32 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 26 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 1 hour 56 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 2 hours 48 min ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM