BY Advocate.com Editors
August 24 2009 4:30 PM ET
Porn. Masturbation. A naked woman jumping on a trampoline. Visitors to Manhattan’s High Line Park, located in the Meatpacking District, say they’ve seen all that and more in the windows of the recently opened Standard Hotel.
The New York Post is reporting that exhibitionists have found a new home away from home at the hotel, which boasts floor-to-ceiling windows perched high above the new urban park.
"I've seen a few porn shoots -- three dudes walking around a hotel room with cameras and lights filming a couple," said Joe, a manager at the next-door Brass Monkey. "I've seen at least 10 different people having sex. Saturday nights are the best time for the show."
Interestingly, the hotel’s Facebook page and website encourage the explicit behavior. "We encourage you to exercise your inner exhibitionist. Please share your intimate and explicit photos with us -- those floor-to-ceiling windows aren't just for the views," the Facebook page implores.
"Whatever you do, just make sure the shots are HOT and that you get them to us in whichever way you can. It's all about sex all the time, and you're our star," the website encouraged, but that wording was taken down, according to the Post, after the Standard was contacted for comment.
Passersby told the Post they have seen a naked woman jumping on a trampoline, men masturbating by the windows, and naked backsides pressed up against the glass.
Out City Council speaker Christine Quinn told the Post she’s hoping to bring the show to a close. "The alleged actions of the Standard are unacceptable," she said in a statement.
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM