BY Advocate.com Editors
August 24 2009 4:30 PM ET
Porn. Masturbation. A naked woman jumping on a trampoline. Visitors to Manhattan’s High Line Park, located in the Meatpacking District, say they’ve seen all that and more in the windows of the recently opened Standard Hotel.
The New York Post is reporting that exhibitionists have found a new home away from home at the hotel, which boasts floor-to-ceiling windows perched high above the new urban park.
"I've seen a few porn shoots -- three dudes walking around a hotel room with cameras and lights filming a couple," said Joe, a manager at the next-door Brass Monkey. "I've seen at least 10 different people having sex. Saturday nights are the best time for the show."
Interestingly, the hotel’s Facebook page and website encourage the explicit behavior. "We encourage you to exercise your inner exhibitionist. Please share your intimate and explicit photos with us -- those floor-to-ceiling windows aren't just for the views," the Facebook page implores.
"Whatever you do, just make sure the shots are HOT and that you get them to us in whichever way you can. It's all about sex all the time, and you're our star," the website encouraged, but that wording was taken down, according to the Post, after the Standard was contacted for comment.
Passersby told the Post they have seen a naked woman jumping on a trampoline, men masturbating by the windows, and naked backsides pressed up against the glass.
Out City Council speaker Christine Quinn told the Post she’s hoping to bring the show to a close. "The alleged actions of the Standard are unacceptable," she said in a statement.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Rising Above the Down Low
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 2 hours 35 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality May 22 2013 6:09 PM