Who Was Your First Gay Crush?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 26 2011 2:00 PM ET
Whether it was Bobby Sherman singing "Easy Come, Easy Go," Matt Dillon stripping to his white briefs in Little Darlings, or Mario López rocking a mullet on Saved by the Bell, we've all secretly crushed on teen idols. Now a new blog, My First Gay Crush, asks you to relive those youthful fantasies and share your stories.
The site grew out of a popular feature on Paul V.'s other blog, Born This Way, a photo and essay project in which LGBT adults reflect on when they realized they were gay and which asks participants to name their first same-sex crush. Paul V. says the impetus grew from a recent episode of Modern Family in which the gay characters revealed their secret teen crushes. Paul views the new blog as "a cool generational study."
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- WATCH: Picking Up Random Strangers Of The Same Sex
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- Poll Shows Strong Republican Opposition to Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Burning Books, One Word at a Time