Who Was Your First Gay Crush?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 26 2011 2:00 PM ET
Whether it was Bobby Sherman singing "Easy Come, Easy Go," Matt Dillon stripping to his white briefs in Little Darlings, or Mario López rocking a mullet on Saved by the Bell, we've all secretly crushed on teen idols. Now a new blog, My First Gay Crush, asks you to relive those youthful fantasies and share your stories.
The site grew out of a popular feature on Paul V.'s other blog, Born This Way, a photo and essay project in which LGBT adults reflect on when they realized they were gay and which asks participants to name their first same-sex crush. Paul V. says the impetus grew from a recent episode of Modern Family in which the gay characters revealed their secret teen crushes. Paul views the new blog as "a cool generational study."
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM