WATCH: MSNBC Live Says 'So Long, Farewell' to Thomas Roberts
BY Daniel Reynolds
January 10 2014 3:05 PM ET
In celebration of reporter Thomas Roberts’ forthcoming assignment to host MSNBC’s Way Too Early show, his production team compiled a list of highlights from his tenure as anchor of the 11 a.m. hour of MSNBC Live.
The reel includes memories of the gay journalist’s recent marriage to Patrick Abner, behind-the-scenes footage from his role as a judge of the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow, a snake-haired Halloween costume that he describes as a “Mandusa,” and, appropriately, a rendition of “So Long, Farewell” from The Sound of Music.
Roberts will begin hosting Way Too Early Monday. The 30-minute news show airs weekdays at 5:30 a.m. Eastern on MSNBC.
Watch the video of his highlight reel below.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina
- WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia 28 min 20 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM