WATCH: Taking Over YouTube With My Son
BY Frank Lowe
April 21 2014 1:26 PM ET
Well, the time has finally come. I have been on Twitter for almost two years, amassing a hefty following to be proud of. I often get tweets from gay youth saying that I’ve inspired them to be a parent one day, and that melts my heart (bitter as it may be). I also get tweets asking for more — whether it be more frequent pictures on Instagram or even that we get on a reality show. I think people like to see that “it gets better” is not bullshit, and I’m happy to prove this right. I decided to take matters into my own hands and start my own little show, starring my son, with me as his sidekick. It’s called Driving Mr. Briggs.
The premise is essentially just me driving the little man around to various places and at various times. We have hilarious banter in the car, and he often tells me off, which is priceless. I hope it does well, and again, would love for it to inspire gay youth to start families. Additionally, I want to show people that “the kid is all right.” Indeed, not only is he all right, but he’s pretty fucking amazing.
Enjoy the premiere episode, titled “Kiss.” Weekly episodes to follow.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- I'm From Driftwood Presents: 'You're Bisexual? Then Why Not Choose To Be Normal?'