Rep. Louie Gohmert Rails Against Hate Crimes Laws and Marriage Equality
BY Jase Peeples
July 16 2013 2:17 PM ET
At an “America in Distress” Tea Party rally in Dallas on July 2, Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert claimed the Obama administration is “coming after religion” and would soon prosecute anyone who spoke out against LGBT equality as a hate crime, reports Right Wing Watch.
He asked those who believe in evolution and marriage equality, “If you believe that throughout the history of the universe, and particularly Earth, that people have come together and born an offspring from different species that has evolved and given us stronger and better species, how does the mating of two males evolve the species upwards?"
See a clip from Gohmert’s speech below.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM