Rep. Louie Gohmert Rails Against Hate Crimes Laws and Marriage Equality
BY Jase Peeples
July 16 2013 2:17 PM ET
At an “America in Distress” Tea Party rally in Dallas on July 2, Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert claimed the Obama administration is “coming after religion” and would soon prosecute anyone who spoke out against LGBT equality as a hate crime, reports Right Wing Watch.
He asked those who believe in evolution and marriage equality, “If you believe that throughout the history of the universe, and particularly Earth, that people have come together and born an offspring from different species that has evolved and given us stronger and better species, how does the mating of two males evolve the species upwards?"
See a clip from Gohmert’s speech below.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'