WATCH: Bill O'Reilly Says Supporting Trans Students Is 'Truly Madness'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
February 28 2013 1:18 PM ET
Fox News host Bill O'Reilly launched into a transphobic tirade on Tuesday's episode of The O'Reilly Factor, responding to a Massachusetts school district policy directing educators and administrators to treat transgender students as the gender with which they identify.
Equality Matters tracked down the video, where O'Reilly says the directive is "insane," because it instructs teachers to respect a student's privacy when discussing gender identity with the student's parents. O'Reilly argues that a student's right to privacy — and arguably, the student's safety — is trumped by a parent's right to know everything their child does in school.
After hurling a series of transphobic remarks at his audience and commentators Alan Colmes and Monica Crowley, O'Reilly argues that policies affirming the gender identity of trans students without outing the students to potentially intolerant parents are "truly madness."
Watch the segment below.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate