WATCH: Bill O'Reilly Says Supporting Trans Students Is 'Truly Madness'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
February 28 2013 12:18 PM ET
Fox News host Bill O'Reilly launched into a transphobic tirade on Tuesday's episode of The O'Reilly Factor, responding to a Massachusetts school district policy directing educators and administrators to treat transgender students as the gender with which they identify.
Equality Matters tracked down the video, where O'Reilly says the directive is "insane," because it instructs teachers to respect a student's privacy when discussing gender identity with the student's parents. O'Reilly argues that a student's right to privacy — and arguably, the student's safety — is trumped by a parent's right to know everything their child does in school.
After hurling a series of transphobic remarks at his audience and commentators Alan Colmes and Monica Crowley, O'Reilly argues that policies affirming the gender identity of trans students without outing the students to potentially intolerant parents are "truly madness."
Watch the segment below.
- Women WATCH: A Tux-Clad Ellen DeGeneres Dances in the Streets for 1st Oscars Promo! 43 min 38 sec ago
- Television The Top 10 Greatest Gay Holiday Cartoons 55 min 39 sec ago
- Media Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade UPDATED: 1 hour 5 min ago
- World News Uganda Passes Anti-Homosexuality Bill 1 hour 35 min ago
- Books Was Norman Rockwell Gay? 2 hours 51 min ago
- Year in Review Fab or Fail? 2013's Cultural Ups and Downs 10:13 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 27 Awesome Gifts for Entertainment Buffs 4:00 AM