PHOTOS: Queens Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 04 2013 4:00 AM ET
One of the most ethnically diverse urban areas in the world, Queens, New York has celebrated the beauty of the LGBT community with its parade and festival since 1993. Now the second largest Pride celebration in the New York metropolitan area, the event continues to foster the visibility of the LGBT community as well as the many cultures and religions that make up the New York City borough. Take a look at our collection of photos from the 2013 celebration.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island