PHOTOS: Queens Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 04 2013 4:00 AM ET
One of the most ethnically diverse urban areas in the world, Queens, New York has celebrated the beauty of the LGBT community with its parade and festival since 1993. Now the second largest Pride celebration in the New York metropolitan area, the event continues to foster the visibility of the LGBT community as well as the many cultures and religions that make up the New York City borough. Take a look at our collection of photos from the 2013 celebration.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Women Are Still Locked in Immigration Detention Cells With Men Just Because They're Trans