Who Is the Grandest Marshal of Them All?
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 12 2014 8:00 AM ET
Being named grand marshal for a pride parade takes a lot of effort and recognition within the community. These grand marshals from 15 cities in the U.S. are celebrities that every household has heard about and local heroes leaving legacies to admire in their neighborhood. Who is your grandest marshal?
Image credits: Luke Adams, Moudi Sbeity via Twitter; Karen Archer via The Knight Foundation on Flickr; Danielle Askini, Toni Atkins, The Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Kyle Bullock, Kate Call, Gloria Casarez, Electra Citty, Gloria Estefan, Bob Foster, Jim McDonnell, Derek Kitchen, Chris Kluwe, Christian Axavier Lovehall, Aleksa Manila, Giovanna Martinez, Mike Michaud, Janet Mock, Margie O'Donnell, Kenny Ortega, Deval Patrick, Kody Partridge, Zachary Pullin, Ross Matthews, Chris Salvatore, Tittie Toulouse, Laurie Wood via Facebook; DaShawn “Dalyla” Baker, Avery McNair via PhillyPride.org; Rea Carey via TheTaskForce.org; Laverne Cox via Getty Images; Judy Grahn via CIIS.edu; Jonathan Groff, Demi Lovato, George Takei via Wikipedia; Dale Warne via LongBeachPride.com; top image via Joey Castillo on Flickr, Thinkstock.
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Hudson Raises Her Voice for Marriage Equality
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet