Who Is the Grandest Marshal of Them All?
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 12 2014 8:00 AM ET
Being named grand marshal for a pride parade takes a lot of effort and recognition within the community. These grand marshals from 15 cities in the U.S. are celebrities that every household has heard about and local heroes leaving legacies to admire in their neighborhood. Who is your grandest marshal?
Image credits: Luke Adams, Moudi Sbeity via Twitter; Karen Archer via The Knight Foundation on Flickr; Danielle Askini, Toni Atkins, The Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Kyle Bullock, Kate Call, Gloria Casarez, Electra Citty, Gloria Estefan, Bob Foster, Jim McDonnell, Derek Kitchen, Chris Kluwe, Christian Axavier Lovehall, Aleksa Manila, Giovanna Martinez, Mike Michaud, Janet Mock, Margie O'Donnell, Kenny Ortega, Deval Patrick, Kody Partridge, Zachary Pullin, Ross Matthews, Chris Salvatore, Tittie Toulouse, Laurie Wood via Facebook; DaShawn “Dalyla” Baker, Avery McNair via PhillyPride.org; Rea Carey via TheTaskForce.org; Laverne Cox via Getty Images; Judy Grahn via CIIS.edu; Jonathan Groff, Demi Lovato, George Takei via Wikipedia; Dale Warne via LongBeachPride.com; top image via Joey Castillo on Flickr, Thinkstock.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Catholic Clergy Demand That Gay Couple Divorce
- WATCH: Ellen Does Pot Brownies With Matthew McConaughey