St. Martin and Caribbean Queens
BY Jenn Kennedy
February 13 2013 6:00 AM ET
Dark or light, St. Martin offers hundreds of rum options, including refreshing fruit-infused light rum in flavors including pineapple, coconut, ginger, banana, and coffee. Another popular island drink is le punch planteur (planter’s punch), rum with fruit and grenadine. Guavaberry is St. Martin’s traditional liqueur, made from aged rum, brown sugar, and wild guava berries that grow in the hills in the center of the island; it’s a holiday favorite. Locals sell bottles wrapped with a colorful ribbon top in open-air markets throughout the island.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.