St. Martin and Caribbean Queens
BY Jenn Kennedy
February 13 2013 6:00 AM ET
Dark or light, St. Martin offers hundreds of rum options, including refreshing fruit-infused light rum in flavors including pineapple, coconut, ginger, banana, and coffee. Another popular island drink is le punch planteur (planter’s punch), rum with fruit and grenadine. Guavaberry is St. Martin’s traditional liqueur, made from aged rum, brown sugar, and wild guava berries that grow in the hills in the center of the island; it’s a holiday favorite. Locals sell bottles wrapped with a colorful ribbon top in open-air markets throughout the island.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- The World's Most Famous Trans Model Sits Down With Vogue
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet