Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2013 5:00 AM ET
"I'm so excited to be a part of this project! As a graduate of Ali Forney myself, it touches way closer then most would know. I'm in the middle of searching for design jobs so being hands-on making my Shredder tee in the studio was great timing and inspirational for me. I hope Shred of Hope raises a ton, and Ali Forney can continue to grow so we can get more of these young adults a bed to sleep in."
Isis King is a graduate of the Art Institute of Philadelphia with a degree in fashion design, who later become one of the most recognized models from America's Next Top Model. Isis was the face of American Apparel's Pride campaign in 2012, and has been in countless magazines like Seventeen, Us Weekly, and Swerv. She is a model, designer, and actress whose latest project, Hello Forever, filmed in the Philippines, was just submitted to film festivals including Toronto.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM