All Rights reserved
Gay adult film star Shawn Wolfe has died of a reported drug overdose. The death of Wolfe, whose real name was Shawn Paul Bertrand, Jr., was revealed last week in a heartfelt Facebook post by his mother, Valerie Wellner. Bertrand was 35.
"We are completely devastated at the overwhelming loss in our lives, in our family, in our world," Wellner posted to Facebook. "There are no words, just broken hearts and endless tears of sadness and grief."
Wellner noted that her son was "an accomplished swimmer, lover of photography, animals, and everything Nature."
Wellner provided more details on her son's passing in a subsequent post to Facebook, saying he died from a drug overdose at the home of someone she did not know and whose location was unknown to her. She also revealed he was staying at the Bailey Bouchay House in Seattle, Wash., which provides services and housing for people living with HIV and other chronic conditions. It was not immediately clear why Wolfe was residing at Bailey Bouchay.
She also asked for the public's help in retrieving her son's clothing and other personal items with "no questions asked."
Friends, family, and colleagues left their condolences on Facebook.
"Another amazing amazing person gone too soon!" wrote adult film director Chi Chi LaRue.
A friend, Van Tay, wrote, "So many memories from swimming with the Boys and Girls Club, Tacoma swim club, and Wilson swim team!"
Wolfe was a popular performer for Falcon, HotHouse, and Raging Stallion adult studios, winning the latter's "Man of the Year" award in 2013. His onscreen credits include titles like Powerload, Cockquest, and Best of Hard Friction 5.