Remembering Michael Callen and Essex Hemphill and the Battlefield of AIDS
BY Martin Duberman
March 20 2014 12:28 PM ET
Hyde Street Studios, San Francisco, June 1993, rehearsing for the Legacy album—left to right: Michael Callen, Chris Williamson, and Holly Near (photo by Patrick Kelly)
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.