Remembering Michael Callen and Essex Hemphill and the Battlefield of AIDS
BY Martin Duberman
March 20 2014 12:28 PM ET
Hyde Street Studios, San Francisco, June 1993, rehearsing for the Legacy album—left to right: Michael Callen, Chris Williamson, and Holly Near (photo by Patrick Kelly)
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- The Flash Casts Bi Actor to Play Gay DC Comics Villain