Fergie: Labels and Love
BY Brandon Voss
November 10 2009 11:00 AM ET
No, that’s not happening. We’re too smart for that. We’ve done some filming but with no tape in the camera.
Since this is The Advocate, feel free to share your hottest same-sex hookup.
[Laughs] I don’t think so. I’ve given you enough!
You did get awfully friendly with the female extras in the “I Gotta Feeling” video. Was that your idea?
Yes, it was. That was fun because it was so naughty. It was a big tease, but it felt very natural.
Growing up as the daughter of Catholic schoolteachers in Hacienda Heights, Calif., when were you first exposed to homosexuality?
At a very young age. I’ve been in show business since I was a little girl, so it was always very normal to me. My mom taught me that every human is God’s child. You have to live your own life and not judge other people. Love is a great thing.
I’m guessing you made your first gay friend on Kids Incorporated.
Oh, there were plenty on that show. But I don’t want to out anyone, just in case.
You also voiced Sally for various Peanuts TV specials. Did you suspect Peppermint Patty and Marcie were lovers?
Yeah, I kind of got the feeling.
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 7:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 7:00 AM
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 6:56 AM
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 6:44 AM
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 6:01 AM
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 6:00 AM
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM