Fergie: Labels and Love
BY Brandon Voss
November 10 2009 10:00 AM ET
No, that’s not happening. We’re too smart for that. We’ve done some filming but with no tape in the camera.
Since this is The Advocate, feel free to share your hottest same-sex hookup.
[Laughs] I don’t think so. I’ve given you enough!
You did get awfully friendly with the female extras in the “I Gotta Feeling” video. Was that your idea?
Yes, it was. That was fun because it was so naughty. It was a big tease, but it felt very natural.
Growing up as the daughter of Catholic schoolteachers in Hacienda Heights, Calif., when were you first exposed to homosexuality?
At a very young age. I’ve been in show business since I was a little girl, so it was always very normal to me. My mom taught me that every human is God’s child. You have to live your own life and not judge other people. Love is a great thing.
I’m guessing you made your first gay friend on Kids Incorporated.
Oh, there were plenty on that show. But I don’t want to out anyone, just in case.
You also voiced Sally for various Peanuts TV specials. Did you suspect Peppermint Patty and Marcie were lovers?
Yeah, I kind of got the feeling.
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Op-ed: Pope Francis Has Not Made Good on Transgender Rights
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 27 Awesome Gifts for Entertainment Buffs 2 hours 58 min ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars December 19 2013 11:06 PM
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM