Kellan Lutz To Star in Film Set in Gay World
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 24 2012 8:10 PM ET
Hot young actors Kellan Lutz and Camilla Belle will costar in a film as secret lovers in a world in which homosexuality is considered the norm, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
In the role-reversal drama Love is All You Need, Belle will play a star quarterback who is adored by a large fan base while Lutz, portrays an aspiring journalist. "The two fall in love, with their relationship growing in secret, but when the romance becomes public, the two find themselves being bullied," according to THR.
Lutz, who is straight but regarded as one of the most LGBT-friendly actors in Hollywood, discussed his gay fans in a 2011 interview with The Advocate. "I love them," he said." When I meet gay fans out and about, they’re so great to talk to — and I’m big on hugging, because I’m from the Midwest. They’re just so energetic and loving. I’m proud to have those fans, and their support means a lot to me. I don’t want just girls coming to my movies; I want guys to come too."
Lutz, who will be seen in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 in November, also just completed starring as Tarzan in a new adaptation of the Edgar Rice Burroughs classic.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- NYT Columnist Charles Blow on Being Labeled Bisexual
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene