Kellan Lutz To Star in Film Set in Gay World
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 24 2012 8:10 PM ET
Hot young actors Kellan Lutz and Camilla Belle will costar in a film as secret lovers in a world in which homosexuality is considered the norm, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
In the role-reversal drama Love is All You Need, Belle will play a star quarterback who is adored by a large fan base while Lutz, portrays an aspiring journalist. "The two fall in love, with their relationship growing in secret, but when the romance becomes public, the two find themselves being bullied," according to THR.
Lutz, who is straight but regarded as one of the most LGBT-friendly actors in Hollywood, discussed his gay fans in a 2011 interview with The Advocate. "I love them," he said." When I meet gay fans out and about, they’re so great to talk to — and I’m big on hugging, because I’m from the Midwest. They’re just so energetic and loving. I’m proud to have those fans, and their support means a lot to me. I don’t want just girls coming to my movies; I want guys to come too."
Lutz, who will be seen in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 in November, also just completed starring as Tarzan in a new adaptation of the Edgar Rice Burroughs classic.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 1 hour 35 min ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM