Kellan Lutz To Star in Film Set in Gay World
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 24 2012 8:10 PM ET
Hot young actors Kellan Lutz and Camilla Belle will costar in a film as secret lovers in a world in which homosexuality is considered the norm, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
In the role-reversal drama Love is All You Need, Belle will play a star quarterback who is adored by a large fan base while Lutz, portrays an aspiring journalist. "The two fall in love, with their relationship growing in secret, but when the romance becomes public, the two find themselves being bullied," according to THR.
Lutz, who is straight but regarded as one of the most LGBT-friendly actors in Hollywood, discussed his gay fans in a 2011 interview with The Advocate. "I love them," he said." When I meet gay fans out and about, they’re so great to talk to — and I’m big on hugging, because I’m from the Midwest. They’re just so energetic and loving. I’m proud to have those fans, and their support means a lot to me. I don’t want just girls coming to my movies; I want guys to come too."
Lutz, who will be seen in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 in November, also just completed starring as Tarzan in a new adaptation of the Edgar Rice Burroughs classic.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude