Hot Sheet: Rent Mode
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2013 3:37 PM ET
3. MUSIC: Dido: Girl Who Got Away
For many listeners, Dido’s songs conjure a very specific and universal feeling (“Here With Me”: romantic and sexual ecstasy; “White Flag”: undying obsession), and her new collection, her first since 2008’s underrated Safe Trip Home, continues that streak. Girl Who Got Away includes first single “No Freedom” (striking out on your own), the title track (restlessness in life and love), and “Let Us Move On,” featuring Kendrick Lamar (getting beyond a fight). Dido recently talked to The Advocate about her new music, electronica, and her LGBT fans.
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps