Hot Sheet: The Male Form and Single Chicks
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 03 2013 3:42 PM ET
1. MUSIC: Mother, Natalie Maines
“Mother, do you think they’ll like this song?” asks the album’s title tune, a Pink Floyd classic covered by the always LGBT-friendly Natalie Maines of Dixie Chicks fame on her solo debut. Actually, there’s much to like about the whole album, a rocking mix of covers (Eddie Vedder’s “Without You,” Dan Wilson’s “Free Life,”) and originals (“Come Cryin’ to Me” by Maines, fellow Chicks Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, and Gary Louris). Ben Harper coproduced. Out Tuesday from Columbia.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban