Hot Sheet: The Male Form and Single Chicks
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 03 2013 2:42 PM ET
1. MUSIC: Mother, Natalie Maines
“Mother, do you think they’ll like this song?” asks the album’s title tune, a Pink Floyd classic covered by the always LGBT-friendly Natalie Maines of Dixie Chicks fame on her solo debut. Actually, there’s much to like about the whole album, a rocking mix of covers (Eddie Vedder’s “Without You,” Dan Wilson’s “Free Life,”) and originals (“Come Cryin’ to Me” by Maines, fellow Chicks Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, and Gary Louris). Ben Harper coproduced. Out Tuesday from Columbia.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive