Hot Sheet: The Male Form and Single Chicks
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 03 2013 3:42 PM ET
1. MUSIC: Mother, Natalie Maines
“Mother, do you think they’ll like this song?” asks the album’s title tune, a Pink Floyd classic covered by the always LGBT-friendly Natalie Maines of Dixie Chicks fame on her solo debut. Actually, there’s much to like about the whole album, a rocking mix of covers (Eddie Vedder’s “Without You,” Dan Wilson’s “Free Life,”) and originals (“Come Cryin’ to Me” by Maines, fellow Chicks Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, and Gary Louris). Ben Harper coproduced. Out Tuesday from Columbia.
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Why Are We Gay?
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’