Hot Sheet: The Male Form and Single Chicks
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 03 2013 3:42 PM ET
1. MUSIC: Mother, Natalie Maines
“Mother, do you think they’ll like this song?” asks the album’s title tune, a Pink Floyd classic covered by the always LGBT-friendly Natalie Maines of Dixie Chicks fame on her solo debut. Actually, there’s much to like about the whole album, a rocking mix of covers (Eddie Vedder’s “Without You,” Dan Wilson’s “Free Life,”) and originals (“Come Cryin’ to Me” by Maines, fellow Chicks Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, and Gary Louris). Ben Harper coproduced. Out Tuesday from Columbia.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'