Hot Sheet: Lutz for Life
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2014 9:27 PM ET
5. BOOK: Ham: Slices of a Life
Sam Harris, singer, songwriter, actor, and general multihyphenate, shares essays about growing up gay in the Bible Belt, visiting Liza Minnelli in rehab, getting sober himself, and much more in his first book. He puts a comedic spin on these episodes from his life; advance word is that as a humorist, he’s up there with David Sedaris and David Rakoff. The book is out Tuesday, and Harris will be crisscrossing the nation with a one-man show derived from it. He’ll be in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Tulsa, and elsewhere on the tour, which starts next week. For information on the book and the show, visit SamHarris.com. — Trudy Ring
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People