Hot Sheet: Lutz for Life
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2014 9:27 PM ET
5. BOOK: Ham: Slices of a Life
Sam Harris, singer, songwriter, actor, and general multihyphenate, shares essays about growing up gay in the Bible Belt, visiting Liza Minnelli in rehab, getting sober himself, and much more in his first book. He puts a comedic spin on these episodes from his life; advance word is that as a humorist, he’s up there with David Sedaris and David Rakoff. The book is out Tuesday, and Harris will be crisscrossing the nation with a one-man show derived from it. He’ll be in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Tulsa, and elsewhere on the tour, which starts next week. For information on the book and the show, visit SamHarris.com. — Trudy Ring
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes