Hot Sheet: And the Winner Is ...
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2014 7:07 PM ET
2. OPERA: Billy Budd
Los Angeles Opera revives the operatic adaptation of Herman Melville’s novel, a work rich in gay subtext, as the young, beautiful Billy becomes an object of desire for many of his fellow sailors. The gay geniuses who brought this story to the realm of opera in 1951, composer Benjamin Britten and co-librettist E.M. Forster (yes, the famed novelist), teased out that subtext even more. The L.A. Opera production has a very limited run; there are just five performances left, the next on Sunday, the last March 16, so order your tickets now. Watch a preview below. — Trudy Ring
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- 17 Celebs Who Are Rooting – And Tweeting – for Marriage Equality
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'