Hot Sheet: And the Winner Is ...
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2014 7:07 PM ET
2. OPERA: Billy Budd
Los Angeles Opera revives the operatic adaptation of Herman Melville’s novel, a work rich in gay subtext, as the young, beautiful Billy becomes an object of desire for many of his fellow sailors. The gay geniuses who brought this story to the realm of opera in 1951, composer Benjamin Britten and co-librettist E.M. Forster (yes, the famed novelist), teased out that subtext even more. The L.A. Opera production has a very limited run; there are just five performances left, the next on Sunday, the last March 16, so order your tickets now. Watch a preview below. — Trudy Ring
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Op-ed: Why Labeling Others As 'Privileged' Isn't Helping Trans Activists
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana