Hot Sheet: If These Sheets Could Talk
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2014 5:27 PM ET
8. EVENT: An Evening With Janet Mock
The best-selling author kicks off Transgender Visibility Week with this event at 5 p.m. today at the San Francisco LGBT Community Center. She’ll read and sign her book Redefining Realness and host a salon-style discussion; seating for the event sold out in eight hours, but there will be a telecast to overflow viewing rooms at the center. Also, you can get a free copy of Redefining Realness if you sign up for HIV testing on-site starting at 4 p.m. The center will also host an event Monday from 5 to 8 p.m. celebrating the Transgender Day of Visibility, with several performers and speakers. Find out more here. – Trudy Ring
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men