Hot Sheet: If These Sheets Could Talk
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2014 5:27 PM ET
8. EVENT: An Evening With Janet Mock
The best-selling author kicks off Transgender Visibility Week with this event at 5 p.m. today at the San Francisco LGBT Community Center. She’ll read and sign her book Redefining Realness and host a salon-style discussion; seating for the event sold out in eight hours, but there will be a telecast to overflow viewing rooms at the center. Also, you can get a free copy of Redefining Realness if you sign up for HIV testing on-site starting at 4 p.m. The center will also host an event Monday from 5 to 8 p.m. celebrating the Transgender Day of Visibility, with several performers and speakers. Find out more here. – Trudy Ring
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out