Hot Sheet: If These Sheets Could Talk
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2014 5:27 PM ET
7. THEATER: Songs From an Unmade Bed
The experiences of urban gay men, romantic, sexual, and otherwise, form the focus of this theatrical song cycle, receiving its first Chicago professional production after runs in New York, Los Angeles, and elsewhere. Lyricist Mark Campbell worked with 18 composers (one per song) to create the tunes, on which vocalists will be accompanied by piano and cello. Pride Films and Plays presents the show at the Windy City’s intimate Apollo Theatre Studio; previews conclude tonight, and opening night is Saturday, with performances continuing through April 27. Get more info and order tickets here. — Trudy Ring
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'