Hot Sheet: If These Sheets Could Talk
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2014 5:27 PM ET
3. MUSIC: Elton John, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Besides She's So Unusual, another seminal album, Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, is getting remastered and re-released. GYBR placed Elton solidly on the musical map in 1973, putting him on a high perch he has yet to get off. Written with his partner in music, Bernie Taupin, the album includes classics like the title track, "Candle in the Wind," "Bennie and the Jets," and "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting." The re-release boxed set features Live at Hammersmith 1973 on CD, a DVD of a '73 doc on Elton, and a 100-page illustrated hardback book. The deluxe edition and boxed set also feature a cover version of GYBR, with artists like Fall Out Boy, Ed Sheeran, and Emeli Sandé putting their spin on the songs. Out now. — Neal Broverman
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide