Shoshana Bean Is Lookin' for a Superhero
BY Charles Romaine
November 28 2008 12:00 AM ET
Do you go into the studio and work, or do you write
at home? Most of the writing happened at home. I start my
basic ideas best on my own, and then I’ll bring
people in to help refine it or if I get stuck. I had a
lot of tracks from different producers and I would just
write to those in my little garage band. Then
I’m prepared when I go into the studio and
I’m not wasting time. I’ve already done my
background arranging, I’ve already written
everything that’s in my garage band, and I can
just play shit back…
So what is the dream of Shoshana Bean? Well, I have a couple of dreams. One of the
biggest was to get this album done, and it’s
done now. I want it to have a life and I want it to be
heard and respected. I love being able to perform my own
stuff. I’d really love to be able to open for
another artist. Go on the road with it, to just
continue to make records like this… whether
it’s independently or not. Now that I know how
to do it, it’s less of a daunting process.
It’s more about the writing. There are roles in
musical theater I still want to play. I’m not
done on the stage.
Well, I’m really amazed. It’s inspiring to
see an artist take a bull by the horns and go out
and make it happen. Well, it’s less scary than it would have
been years ago, because now so many people are
succeeding independently. And there really is no choice
if you want to get it done. The fact that artists are still
having a life independently is so inspiring.
I’m doing it independently -- so Britney and I
can release an album on the same day, which we are -- and it
doesn’t feel like she’s competing on my level.
Well, she can’t sing, so… No, I agree with you -- but she still has hot
tracks. I’m a respecter of singers, but you
can’t deny that track is hot. You can’t.
I hear you’re going to be performing at Upright Cabaret. Yes, the Best Of 2008. I’m so flattered.
Are you going to be performing songs from the new album?I don’t know… I hope so. We’ll see.
I am sure they are going to have suggestions.
It’ll be "The Best Of!"
in stores Tuesday, December 2.Click herefor more on Shoshana Bean.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 47 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 2 hours 10 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 17 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 2 hours 25 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 28 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 36 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM