30 Years Young
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2009 12:00 AM ET
The incomparable Della Reese next took the stage, singing in her familiar, velvety voice. In a wise, and all-knowing tone, Reese sang "I've Been Touched by an Angel" the intended theme song for the show in which she starred from 1994-2003. Next she sang "Work it Out," an upbeat tune that sent the chorus dancing in the risers.
Erin Hamilton successfully took on one of the most poignant songs of the last century, John Lennon's "Imagine." After, she led the chorus to perform her 1999 song, "One World." The first act of the show closed out with two songs from The Tender Land, "Stomp Your Foot" and "Promise of Living."
After a brief intermission and a lighthearted a cappella rendition of Starland Vocal Band's hit, “Afternoon Delight,” musician Levi Kreis took the stage to premier a new song of his, “Look How I’ve (We’ve) Grown” and the theme song for Del Shores’s “Sordid Lives.” Fischer came back to introducer herself in a bawdy performance, singing about how all the good men are gay – the classic straight girl nod to her pals.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM