30 Years Young
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2009 12:00 AM ET
The incomparable Della Reese next took the stage, singing in her familiar, velvety voice. In a wise, and all-knowing tone, Reese sang "I've Been Touched by an Angel" the intended theme song for the show in which she starred from 1994-2003. Next she sang "Work it Out," an upbeat tune that sent the chorus dancing in the risers.
Erin Hamilton successfully took on one of the most poignant songs of the last century, John Lennon's "Imagine." After, she led the chorus to perform her 1999 song, "One World." The first act of the show closed out with two songs from The Tender Land, "Stomp Your Foot" and "Promise of Living."
After a brief intermission and a lighthearted a cappella rendition of Starland Vocal Band's hit, “Afternoon Delight,” musician Levi Kreis took the stage to premier a new song of his, “Look How I’ve (We’ve) Grown” and the theme song for Del Shores’s “Sordid Lives.” Fischer came back to introducer herself in a bawdy performance, singing about how all the good men are gay – the classic straight girl nod to her pals.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges