30 Years Young
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2009 12:00 AM ET
The incomparable Della Reese next took the stage, singing in her familiar, velvety voice. In a wise, and all-knowing tone, Reese sang "I've Been Touched by an Angel" the intended theme song for the show in which she starred from 1994-2003. Next she sang "Work it Out," an upbeat tune that sent the chorus dancing in the risers.
Erin Hamilton successfully took on one of the most poignant songs of the last century, John Lennon's "Imagine." After, she led the chorus to perform her 1999 song, "One World." The first act of the show closed out with two songs from The Tender Land, "Stomp Your Foot" and "Promise of Living."
After a brief intermission and a lighthearted a cappella rendition of Starland Vocal Band's hit, “Afternoon Delight,” musician Levi Kreis took the stage to premier a new song of his, “Look How I’ve (We’ve) Grown” and the theme song for Del Shores’s “Sordid Lives.” Fischer came back to introducer herself in a bawdy performance, singing about how all the good men are gay – the classic straight girl nod to her pals.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges