PHOTOS: LGBT Celebs on the Blessing and Curse of Aging
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 31 2014 7:00 AM ET
Greg Louganis (Back on Board)
Best part of growing older?
Being more at peace in my own skin. Not having to feel like I have to please everybody. Doing for yourself, but also be in service, too.
Greatest challenge of growing older?
It’s a very unique situation that many of the LGBT aging group has is a lot of us are HIV/AIDS survivors. We didn’t expect to be alive. When I hit in my 40s (I’m now 54), I was like, ‘Oh my god! I have to get a job!’ I didn’t expect to be here, so now I have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility