PHOTOS: LGBT Celebs on the Blessing and Curse of Aging
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 31 2014 7:00 AM ET
Greg Louganis (Back on Board)
Best part of growing older?
Being more at peace in my own skin. Not having to feel like I have to please everybody. Doing for yourself, but also be in service, too.
Greatest challenge of growing older?
It’s a very unique situation that many of the LGBT aging group has is a lot of us are HIV/AIDS survivors. We didn’t expect to be alive. When I hit in my 40s (I’m now 54), I was like, ‘Oh my god! I have to get a job!’ I didn’t expect to be here, so now I have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love