BY John Jameson
May 19 2009 11:00 PM ET
Did anyone else attempt to learn how to finger-spell?Victor and Tammy did, and so did Mike White.
Which was your favorite challenge? And least favorite?I had two favorites: the cheese-carry and the pig-carry. Both were physical challenges that Mom and I excelled at. The cheese challenge was a lot more grueling than it looked on TV, because the hill was so steep and slippery from all the mud and cow poop. We really made up a lot of time on the pig challenge, blowing past Victor and Tammy and Cara and Jaime. Plus, since we used to live in Hawaii, we'd been to lots of luaus and knew how to properly bury the pig.
My least favorite was the makeup challenge at the opera house. I had no idea how to apply makeup on my mom!
You seemed to really relish the bungee jump in the first episode. That was the equivalent of falling 70 stories!That was awesome! I'd love to do it again. I did have a few problems with the bungee cord, though, because the rope they sent down to clip to the cord got all tangled up, and it really took me a while to untangle it. But I came back up in one piece!
What were your favorite destinations? I loved Switzerland -- it was really beautiful. And Guilan, China, was awe-inspiring. I'd love to go back there. Mom and I really enjoyed Bangkok too -- we took a boat ride that really gave us a chance to kick back and relax. My least favorite would have to be Siberia -- it was so isolated and freezing! But the people were super friendly.
You were visibly moved to tears by the poverty you witnessed in India. Tell me about that experience.I never thought in a million years that I would get a chance to visit India. And while I've seen that kind of poverty on TV, the depth of it didn't really hit me until we were there. It was really hard for me emotionally to see little kids literally fighting for their survival on the streets and eating garbage. While we were stopped at a red light, a little girl came up to our cab and tried to sell us a newspaper. She was really dirty and her little green dress was all tattered, but she just smiled at me like everything was OK. Kids don't deserve that. It really made me realize how lucky I am to have the life I have and a roof over my head.
Did you ever have any free time for sightseeing or come across any gay bars in your travels?[ Laughs ] Well, we had a 36-hour pit stop in Brasov, Romania, where we got a chance to tour Dracula's castle -- that was awesome. Other than that, though, we didn't have much time to explore.
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? 44 min 22 sec ago
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary 1 hour 17 min ago
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! 1 hour 37 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4:07 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 3:20 PM
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2:50 PM