BY Dave White
December 07 2009 6:05 PM ET
12/14 - Whatever, Martha: I lied. Here’s another one you
should see. She’s forcing children to help her make a complicated
“Christmas Gingerbread House.” You want to watch this. Trust me.
12/15 - La Buche/A Christmas Tale: IFC’s been airing the latter recently, a 2008 French bummer starring Catherine Deneuve. It’s about a family of people who dislike each other. The other one, La Buche, stars the incredible Charlotte Gainsbourg. It’s also about a French family who dislike each other and dislike Christmas too. But it’s a comedy.
12/16 - Larry the Cable Guy’s Hula-Palooza Christmas Luau: It’s got Tony Orlando. Look, did you see Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector? Did you? Don’t tell me I’m wrong until you’ve seen that one. I will also enjoy Ernest Saves Christmas on this day. After all the fancy French film viewing, you’ll need a little balance.
12/17 - The Christmas Shoes (pictured): Based on the mind-bogglingly awful pop song about a mommy dying at Christmas and her stupid kid trying to buy her some shoes for when she goes to “meet Jesus.” They made a TV movie to go with it. Better yet, just go watch the YouTube clip of Patton Oswalt ripping it to hilarious shreds.
12/18 - Christmas Evil/Black Christmas: The former is about a disgruntled and maniacal toy factory employee who thinks he’s Santa Claus. Then ... well, just watch it. The latter is the 1974 film from the director of A Christmas Story. No one gets a BB gun in this one. And all these years later it’s still supercreepy and frightening.
12/19 - The Decorating Adventures of Ambrose Price: It’s on Logo and it’s about this gay who decorates. I know, shocker. But this episode is about how to wrap gifts so that they’re not run-of-the-mill ugly, just gay-ugly.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 53 min 53 sec ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 1 hour 49 min ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 2 hours 5 min ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 2 hours 28 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 4:09 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 3:26 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM