Leslie Jordan: My 10 Favorite Drag Songs
BY Advocate Contributors
April 14 2010 3:20 PM ET
Janis Joplin: "Maybe" — This was my dirty low-down blues number. I had an old fright wig from Halloween that I put feathers and stuff in. And my bathrobe made for a muumuu hippie look. A pair of bunched-up socks under my bathrobe gave me nice tits. I would wear them kinda low so it looked like I had shucked my brassiere! A real free-spirited hippie chick. The imaginary audience (who were all high on marijuana and other hallucinogens) would whoop and holler as I laid on the floor and wallowed all around like Miss Janis when she was at her best. "Maybe! Maybe! Maybe! ... "
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'