Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for September 2010
BY Brandon Voss
September 09 2010 2:30 PM ET
I avoid multicharacter solo shows, but I had some enchanted evening with South Pathetic, out comedian Jim David’s outrageous account of directing a motley crew in a North Carolina community theater production of A Streetcar Named Desire. You’ve met these caricatures before, but they’re good for spouting one-liners like “If you took all the homosexuals out of Southern literature, you’d pretty much be left with Opie and Aunt Bee.”
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'