PHOTOS: World's Largest Drag King Contest Crowns Winner
BY Jase Peeples
August 22 2013 1:24 AM ET
San Francisco’s 18th Annual Drag King Contest took place last weekend and featured a gaggle of gender-bending studs who lit up the stage as they competed for the crown. Known as one of the largest contests of its kind in the world, the competition was hosted by Fudgie Frottage and Sister Roma, with proceeds benefiting Pets Are Wonderful Support — an organization that works to provide food, veterinary care, and support to beloved pets whose owners are struggling to make ends meet due to economic hardship or health issues. The evening was filled with many memorable performances, but at the end of the night it was contestant Art Kahn who claimed the coveted crown with an energetic rendition of “Somebody to Love” by Queen. Take a look at photos from the event on the following pages.
Art Kahn & the Kings of Queen perform "Somebody to Love" by Queen.
Winner Art Kahn performs "Somebody to Love" by Queen. Photo: David Sweet
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 58 min 57 sec ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 1 hour 50 min ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 1 hour 57 min ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 2 hours 38 min ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM