Seat Filler: Best NYC Theater of 2012
BY Brandon Voss
December 19 2012 3:14 PM ET
9. End of the Rainbow
Tracie Bennett was an unbridled force, a tornado of tragedy, as she eerily, exhilaratingly inhabited Judy Garland in Peter Quilter’s lean but powerful bio-drama about the performer’s drug-addled decline during her 1968 London comeback concerts. Accompanied by her enabling young fiancé, Garland was also bolstered by a sobering Michael Cumpsty as her pianist and confidant, a gentle Scot symbolizing all gay men who love their Judy tortured.
Belasco Theatre, closed.
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?'
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody
- Travel See the World Map of Marriage Equality 3 min 33 sec ago
- Sports Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out 10 min 40 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Virginia AG Asks Court to Dismiss Marriage Ban Challenge 46 min 32 sec ago
- Health WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' 1 hour 35 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody UPDATED: 1 hour 43 min ago
- Style Meet Sexy German Designer Working With Alan Cumming & ARMANI 2 hours 9 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Consumer Reports Now Ranks HIV Meds 2 hours 54 min ago