BY Michelle Garcia
March 18 2010 12:55 PM ET
Several LGBT bloggers and activists are urging their readers to contact
House speaker Nancy Pelosi to get an antidiscrimination bill onto the
House floor for debate.
Blogs including Pam's House Blend, Towleroad, and AmericaBlog are urging readers to contact Pelosi's office to push for consideration of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
The instructions are to contact the speaker's office in "a polite, but firm" manner. Then, after making contact, they ask that you report how the call went at GetEqual.com, a newly launched site for gay rights activism and mobilization.
ENDA was introduced by Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts last June, and it currently has 198 cosponsors. The last action on the bill was a House Education and Labor Committee hearing in September.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'