BY Michelle Garcia
March 18 2010 12:55 PM ET
Several LGBT bloggers and activists are urging their readers to contact
House speaker Nancy Pelosi to get an antidiscrimination bill onto the
House floor for debate.
Blogs including Pam's House Blend, Towleroad, and AmericaBlog are urging readers to contact Pelosi's office to push for consideration of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
The instructions are to contact the speaker's office in "a polite, but firm" manner. Then, after making contact, they ask that you report how the call went at GetEqual.com, a newly launched site for gay rights activism and mobilization.
ENDA was introduced by Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts last June, and it currently has 198 cosponsors. The last action on the bill was a House Education and Labor Committee hearing in September.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM