Marines Already Recruiting for Gays, Lesbians
BY Neal Broverman
September 21 2011 3:35 PM ET
In Tulsa, Okla., of all places, the Marines began recruiting for gay and lesbian soldiers on the first day they could.
The New York Times reports that Marines, led by Master Sgt. Anthony Henry, traveled to the Dennis R. Neill Equality Center in downtown Tulsa to find some good men and women. Not many potential recruits actually showed up, but those who did expressed gratitude at the new inclusive military.
Sgt. Henry worked to comfort one potential female recruit: "It's your business and you don't have to share it," he told the young woman. "But you're also free to be at the mall with your girlfriend."
Read the full story here.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'