Hank Williams Jr.: Obama Is a Muslim Who Loves Gays
BY Trudy Ring
September 04 2012 3:02 PM ET
Hank Williams Jr., the country singer who has become infamous for his bizarre criticisms of President Obama, blasted gays as well in a Texas concert over the weekend.
“We’ve got a Muslim for a president who hates cowboys, hates cowgirls, hates fishing, hates farming, loves gays, and we hate him!” Williams told the audience during his appearance Sunday night at the Stockyards Music Festival in Fort Worth, The Dallas Morning News reports. “The crowd let out a loud but less-than-unanimous cheer,” the paper notes. Earlier in the show, Williams made fun of “queer guitar pickers,” according to the Morning News.
Last year Williams made a statement comparing Obama to Hitler, and in response ESPN removed a song of his from Monday Night Football. “His mix of redneck politics and music has long been a big part of his appeal to some fans,” reports the Morning News, adding that “it needn’t be,” given that Williams is a talented and versatile musician who integrates a variety of other genres with country. “It’s just too bad his open-minded approach to music doesn’t carry over to the rest of his brain,” the paper comments.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Kim Davis to Appeal Contempt Ruling