WATCH: Audience Laughs at Michele Bachmann's Claim She Doesn't 'Do' Political Speech
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 31 2012 12:33 PM ET
At a debate against Democratic challenger Jim Graves on Tuesday, antigay Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann made the crowd laugh out loud when she said she doesn't partake in political speech.
"It's insulting to say that these are political speech," said Bachmann. "Because that's one thing I do not do, is political speech."
The debate, the first of three Bachmann agreed to in the final 10 days before the election, took place at the River's Edge Convention Center in St. Cloud, Minn.
Watch Bachmann manage to keep a straight face while lying in the video below, and check out this transcript of her exceedingly political speech to the right-wing Values Voters Conference in September. Here's an excerpt from Bachmann's rant about the September 11 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya: "No one here is suggesting that all Muslims are radical, but we should not be ignorant of the objective reality that there is a very radical wing of Islam that is dedicated to the destruction of American, of Israel and Israel's allies. And what we're watching develop before our eyes today are the direct consequences of this administration's policy of apology and appeasement across the globe and the supposed success of the president's foreign policy genius, hailed by media even last week, now exposed for what it really is."
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 2 hours 1 min ago
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM