Gay Man Apparently Kills Himself, Over Election, Failing Business
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 15 2012 3:45 PM ET
A gay man in Key West, Fla., told his partner, "If Barack gets reelected, I'm not going to be around," and scrawled the words "Fuck Obama" across his will before apparently committing suicide, reports the The Miami Herald. The victim was also reportedly stressed about his struggling business.
Henry Hamilton, 64, was found dead in his home November 8, beside two empty prescription bottles — for Xanax, an anti-anxiety medication, and one for Seroquel, used to treat schizophrenia and other nervous disorders.
Hamilton's partner, Michael Cossey, told police officer Anna Dykes that Hamilton was "very upset about the election results" and "has been very stressed about his business," Tropical Tan.
The Herald reports that a friend concerned about Hamilton's well-being had a standing request for police to check on the man. When officer Pablo Rodriguez stopped by the couple's condo November 8, he awakened Cossey, who had fallen asleep on the couch. That's when the two men discovered Hamilton's body.
Police are awaiting autopsy results but say they have no evidence leading them to suspect foul play in Hamilton's death. Read more here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Australian Trans Man Fires Back at Clerk Who Publicly 'Embarassed' Him
- Op-ed: They're Trans, They're Hispanic, and They've Changed This World
- WATCH: Supreme and Federal Courts Play Waiting Game on Marriage