Gay Man Apparently Kills Himself, Over Election, Failing Business
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 15 2012 3:45 PM ET
A gay man in Key West, Fla., told his partner, "If Barack gets reelected, I'm not going to be around," and scrawled the words "Fuck Obama" across his will before apparently committing suicide, reports the The Miami Herald. The victim was also reportedly stressed about his struggling business.
Henry Hamilton, 64, was found dead in his home November 8, beside two empty prescription bottles — for Xanax, an anti-anxiety medication, and one for Seroquel, used to treat schizophrenia and other nervous disorders.
Hamilton's partner, Michael Cossey, told police officer Anna Dykes that Hamilton was "very upset about the election results" and "has been very stressed about his business," Tropical Tan.
The Herald reports that a friend concerned about Hamilton's well-being had a standing request for police to check on the man. When officer Pablo Rodriguez stopped by the couple's condo November 8, he awakened Cossey, who had fallen asleep on the couch. That's when the two men discovered Hamilton's body.
Police are awaiting autopsy results but say they have no evidence leading them to suspect foul play in Hamilton's death. Read more here.
- Religion Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues 1 min 2 sec ago
- Theater PHOTOS: Terrence McNally's Mothers and Sons 47 min 41 sec ago
- Religion Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People 1 hour 2 min ago
- Travel Drag Race: NASCAR's Biggest Gay Fan on the Vegas Cup Race 1 hour 4 min ago
- Television Looking Back: Where Things Stand Heading Into Season 2 1 hour 11 min ago
- Art WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old 1 hour 25 min ago
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 10:28 AM