Gay Man Apparently Kills Himself, Over Election, Failing Business
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 15 2012 2:45 PM ET
A gay man in Key West, Fla., told his partner, "If Barack gets reelected, I'm not going to be around," and scrawled the words "Fuck Obama" across his will before apparently committing suicide, reports the The Miami Herald. The victim was also reportedly stressed about his struggling business.
Henry Hamilton, 64, was found dead in his home November 8, beside two empty prescription bottles — for Xanax, an anti-anxiety medication, and one for Seroquel, used to treat schizophrenia and other nervous disorders.
Hamilton's partner, Michael Cossey, told police officer Anna Dykes that Hamilton was "very upset about the election results" and "has been very stressed about his business," Tropical Tan.
The Herald reports that a friend concerned about Hamilton's well-being had a standing request for police to check on the man. When officer Pablo Rodriguez stopped by the couple's condo November 8, he awakened Cossey, who had fallen asleep on the couch. That's when the two men discovered Hamilton's body.
Police are awaiting autopsy results but say they have no evidence leading them to suspect foul play in Hamilton's death. Read more here.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View