Gay Man Apparently Kills Himself, Over Election, Failing Business
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 15 2012 2:45 PM ET
A gay man in Key West, Fla., told his partner, "If Barack gets reelected, I'm not going to be around," and scrawled the words "Fuck Obama" across his will before apparently committing suicide, reports the The Miami Herald. The victim was also reportedly stressed about his struggling business.
Henry Hamilton, 64, was found dead in his home November 8, beside two empty prescription bottles — for Xanax, an anti-anxiety medication, and one for Seroquel, used to treat schizophrenia and other nervous disorders.
Hamilton's partner, Michael Cossey, told police officer Anna Dykes that Hamilton was "very upset about the election results" and "has been very stressed about his business," Tropical Tan.
The Herald reports that a friend concerned about Hamilton's well-being had a standing request for police to check on the man. When officer Pablo Rodriguez stopped by the couple's condo November 8, he awakened Cossey, who had fallen asleep on the couch. That's when the two men discovered Hamilton's body.
Police are awaiting autopsy results but say they have no evidence leading them to suspect foul play in Hamilton's death. Read more here.
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School