WATCH: Gay Kiss Silences Antigay Preacher on Campus
BY Daniel Reynolds
June 07 2013 3:47 PM ET
An antigay speaker was upstaged by an impromptu same-sex smooch at California Polytechnic State University earlier this week.
The “gay makeout session,” which was captured on video and posted on YouTube Tuesday received cheers and applause from the crowd gathered around the outdoor steps on the San Luis Obispo campus. The reaction drowned out the words of the woman delivering the sermon, who was rendered momentarily speechless when the couple raced up next to her and embraced.
“So there was this crazy preacher lady yelling in the [University Union] for threehours today, talking about how we're all damned to hell and how we're sinners but she's a saint because she's spreading the word of God (you know, the usual),” wrote the owner of the YouTube channel and an observer of the event. “She was just beginning a rant on traditional marriage and why gay people are evil when this happened.”
“Highlight of my week,” the witness concluded.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana